The Wannabe Cancer Free 5K + 1 Mile Fun Run will be held on Saturday, December 8, 2012 at Ardrey Kell High School in South Charlotte, North Carolina . All proceeds go to the Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma* Research Foundation. Wannabe Cancer Free? Wanna help others be cancer free? Support our cause today! Please join us!
**Online registration is now closed. Please register in person on Saturday, December 8 before 8:15 AM
Can’t make it to Charlotte to run? You can still help!
- PayPal*: Click here to donate via Paypal
The Wannabe Cancer Free 5K + 1 Mile Fun Run exemplifies its mission by encouraging participants to exercise every day; generating support for, the fight against cancer through the promotion of a healthy, athletic lifestyle. Whether you are a Fortune 500 company or a small business, the the Wannabe Cancer Free 5K has a sponsorship level for you. Click here to download the 2012 Sponsorship Packet. If you have any questions or need more information about 5K sponsorships, please e-mail Gerald Babao at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling All Volunteers!
Available Saturday, December 8, 2012? We are looking for dedicated, energetic volunteers to make the 1st Annual Wannabe Cancer Free 5K a success! We are looking for both adults and children to assist in making this a successful event. You can make a difference and have a lot of fun by being a part of an event that raises funds for cancer research and promotes! Interested?? To register as a Volunteer, please do so online here.
- ONLINE VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION NOW AVAILABLE HERE*
- To register as a Volunteer via snail mail, download the 2012 Registration Form here.
*preferred method Job assignments will be on a first come, first served basis, so please don’t delay. Invite to your friends, family and colleagues to volunteer with you! For more information, please call Susan Crossland at 704-608-2596 or email email@example.com. As always, your support is greatly appreciated!
Lodging for Out of Town Guests
A special thank you to Aloft Hotels for offering a special group rate for our out of town guests. If you are from out of town and/or need a place to stay, click here!
Learn More about Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma (ACC)
The Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Research Foundation is the leading organization working to fund research leading to treatments and ultimately a cure for this devastating disease. There is no known cure and very little research is being conducted. The few studies that are currently underway received NO government funding. Consider these Quick Facts About ACC from their website:
- Afflicting thousands of Americans, ACC is diagnosed in about 1,200 new cases each year in the United States.
- ACC´s progression is typically gradual and relentless. Its high propensity to recur leads to 15-year survival rates below 40%.
- ACC is an equal-opportunity disease that might strike anyone. It is not inherited and is not associated with smoking, drinking, infection or ethnicity.
- The median age at diagnosis is 43 years old, much younger than for all cancers (67 years old).
- No chemotherapies or targeted drugs have been approved for ACC. Research is needed to find effective therapies for ACC patients.
- The National Cancer Institute and the American Cancer Society currently fund no ACC research.
To learn more, click the logo below to visit the Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Research Foundation. Related ACC Articles/Stories/Links
- Fighting Rare Cancer with Exercise (February 22, 2012)
- Cancer Pushes Gerald Babao to the Finish (May 11, 2011)
- Second Annual Race for a Cure Raising over $34,000 (2010)
- Oral Cancer – Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Personal Video (2010)
- MMS Student Raises Funds for Rare Cancer (2009)
- Live Like Andi Foundation